The Metail Fitting Room is powered by Metail limited.
Metail Limited (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We look after your details carefully. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and we’re also registered on the public register of data controllers looked after by the Information Commissioner.
You may be accessing our site from a computer or mobile phone device (through an iPhone application, for example) and this policy governs your use of our site regardless of the means of access. We also like to interact with you on third party sites where we post content or invite your feedback, such as www.facebook.com/Metail and www.twitter.com/metail (“Third Party Sites”). This policy does not cover the privacy practices of those Third Party Sites, or of companies that we do not own or control, or the actions of people that we do not employ or manage. You should check the privacy policies of those third parties when providing personally identifiable information through Third Party Sites.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Metail Limited of Top floor, 7 Plough Yard, London EC2A 3LP.
Personal and identifying information
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on any of our websites served from the me-tail.net or metail.co.uk domains. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Metail Limited, and when you report a problem with our site
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. Responding to such surveys will be completely voluntary, and not a condition of your use of our service
• An email address, if you provide us with one. We will never disclose this to any third party. If you use a password to login to the service (rather than OpenID or Facebook Connect etc), we will only ever transmit it over encrypted HTTPS connections, and will never store or transmit it in the clear, either over unencrypted HTTP connections, or in email
• Photographs uploaded for the purposes of creating your own 3D body models. There are two features in our system that require a photograph of you: 1) a photo of your face to create a realistic 3D head (“Face photo”) and 2) a picture of you used to take body measurements if you don’t have a tape measure handy (“Body photo”). Metail reserves the right, and strictly for the purposes of enhancing the Metail service and user experience only, to store photographs so they may be analysed to understand shortcomings and issues, and to allow users to improve the accuracy of their model at a later stage. You hereby consent to such use. All reasonable measures will be taken to protect the privacy and ensure the anonymity of user photographs. Body Photos will not be disclosed to any 3rd parties whatsoever. Face photos may be disclosed to our head modeling technology partner (Vizago Research GmbH) strictly for the purposes of improving quality of the services they provide us. Face photos will not be disclosed to any other 3rd party than Vizago Research GmbH.
• Body measurements and shape parameters you supply in creating and customizing 3D body models. This information will always be anonymised before any use, as described in the Uses of Information section below, and will only ever be supplied to third parties in aggregated and anonymised form (as averages of large numbers of users)
• Web server information. We may collect information your computer’s User Agent (“browser”) sends to our servers, including but not limited to the resources you access, your network address and browser and operating system information. No other information is obtained from your computer/browsing device. We may also set browser cookies to identify your web browser during and between sessions, although you will still be able to refuse these cookies using your browser preferences. For further information about managing and disabling cookies, you can refer to your browser’s help section or user guide
Uses of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
• To allow you to share easily your model and information with other users and contacts (for example, on Facebook)
• To notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email where you have shown interest in these previously.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email Metail directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide them with aggregated, anonymous information about our users (for example, we may inform them that the average size of women across the population of users is a size 12). We may also use such aggregated information to help third parties reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women who are a certain shape and size who match their clothing range). We may make use of the anonymous personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our third parties’ wishes by displaying their product to that target audience. By using our site you hereby consent to such use.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Third party sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites not controlled or operated by Metail, for example websites belonging to our partner retailers, advertisers and affiliates (“Third Party Sites”). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If Metail Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.