As the leaves begin to fall, as our hair (and skin) gets drier and as the cold morning chill starts to bite, we begin to question our wardrobe choices daily. Our coats, scarfs and woolly hats reappear from hiding – which our dresses soon succumb to.
Wearing a dress during the harsh UK winters may seem like a crazy suggestion, we think not. Keep your pretty summer florals alive and kicking with one simple trick – layering! Layer, layer and layer again.
Here are our top five suggestions for creating the perfect winter look using your summer dresses;
- Tights – if you’re going to brave the outdoors you want your legs to be covered. Mix and match colours and even patterns to complement the dress you are wearing.
- Boots – This is no secret, keep your toes toasty and warm in a pair of boots. From ankle, knee-high and even lace-up, there’s a boot out there to suit any style!
- Scarf – Add a scarf to your look, not only for warmth, but to add texture and even more colour to your look.
- Coats/jumpers/and denim jackets – depending on the days ‘chilly-ness’, layer dresses with jumpers or even a denim or leather jacket. Complete the look with a thick wool or puffy coat.
- Accessories – Who doesn’t love a good cinched in waist!? Add a belt over your jumper to show off your waist! Add any extra accessories such as a woolly hat or gloves to keep you warm.
With these tips, we’re confident you will be able to create a stylish, yet toasty, winter look using your summer dresses.
Image source: https://uk.pinterest.com/MetailUK/winter-woolies/