Metail allows users to try clothes online after entering three simple measurements. For shoppers, it increases their confidence to buy, as well as allowing them to experiment with new styles. For brands, it increases engagement and overall net sales. We’re finding new ways to use our understanding of the role of body shape in fashion to help design clothes better, make the supply chain more efficient, and help people find and buy clothes they’ll love and keep.
As a senior engineer in the Retail team/crew you will spend the majority of your time in hands-on software engineering, but also collaborate with the crew leaders to build the team while promoting quality and assurance on the Metail Experience. You will lend strong technology skills and provide recommendations into architecture/design work led by our Tech Lead.
You will provide coaching and mentoring to more junior members of the team. By adapting your mentoring approach to suit individuals, you’ll inspire them to emulate your pragmatic approach, your eye for detail and passion for delivering quality code in products that people all over the world love using.
You will play an important role in improving our development practices, providing support for critical decision making and ensuring effective communication for the team both internally and externally.
- Full Stack Engineer with focusing on solution design, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Contributing the the overall delivery of software products/components while working in collaboration with product and other teams.
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure well integrated solutions.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; driving new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentoring and raising the game of your teammates.
- Fully participating in the Agile process including speaking up and raising your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc).
- Researching and learning new methodologies and technologies while bringing that knowledge to the team.
What makes you our next Senior Engineer?
- You will share our instinct to be adventurous but pragmatic in technology choices, passion for technology. You will have pursued your interest in functional programming languages either professionally or in your spare time.
- You have experience working in a startup/scale-ups with SaaS-based platforms and cloud technology;
- Web development experience with MV* frameworks (React a plus);
- Design and development of RESTful API’s with a good understanding of best practices;
- Strong attention to detail in both code quality and aesthetic UI presentation;
- Good understanding of HTTP
What would help?
- You have good decision-making skills and are calm and composed.
- You have great communication skills – both written and verbal. You’re able to clearly present complex ideas and explain them to others
- Experience with agile development principles
What is Metail offering you?
- Opportunity to lead the continued growth and development of a really smart product development team tackling significant technical and commercial challenges.
- Innovative and open culture with strong links with the local tech community; we host 5 different groups in our offices, usually around 1 per week.
- Great offices in the centre of Cambridge.
- 25 days leave per annum plus bank holidays
- Mentoring / coaching and a training budget you choose how to spend.
- Individual and family friendly HR policies.
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
A little more about Metail
Based in Cambridge, we’re in the heart of tech community and regularly host meetups for Data Insights, DevOps Cambridge and Cambridge NonDysfunctional Programmers to list a few. We also work with initiatives like Codebar and Next Tech Girls to teach and coach the next generation of coders.
We are sociable team, and frequently enjoy an ale together when family time and extra-mural activities allow at the Elm Tree or The Free Press. Our office also plays host to the annual Metail Summer Party where punting and bbqing has become something of a tradition.
If you want to help to turn an innovative fashion technology startup into a global brand used on websites across the world and have the passion and ambition to really want to make a difference at this exciting company then apply now.
Applications by CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Recruiters: We are only accepting direct applications for this role. Profiles sent in application to this role will be considered a gift, for which we thank you in advance.