This page is sadly full of dull, legal language. It’s still important to us though as it makes sure we can get on with making the MeModel even better instead of forcing people to sign complicated contracts.
Information about us
The websites in the me-tail.net and metail.co.uk domains are operated by Metail Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06442935 and have our registered office at New Loom House, 101 Back Church Lane, London, E1 1LU. Our main trading address is New Loom House, 101 Back Church Lane, London, E1 1LU. Our VAT number is 925 2656 17.
Accessing our site
Intellectual property rights
All brand names, product names and/or service names set out in this website are trademarks, trade names or copyrights of Metail Limited, including, without limitation Metail, Me-tail, Me_tail, MeModel, Me-model, Me_model and all Metail logos. Any use of these may constitute an infringement without our prior written consent. Metail gives no permission for the use of such terms in any manner.
By posting content on this site, you represent, warrant and agree that: (a) you are 16 years or older (and in the case of a user between the ages of 16 and 18, you have obtained the consent of your parent/guardian regarding your use of such site); (b) no content (or part thereof) submitted by you or through your account will: (i) breach any law or encourage the commission of an illegal act; (ii) infringe the copyright, moral right, performing rights, rights of privacy, trade mark or other proprietary right of any third party; (iii) constitute a misuse of any confidential information of a third party; (iv) contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to affect the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;(v) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom; or (c) in respect of images content: (i) any individual depicted in the content (or, in the case of any individual under the age of 18, the parent/guardian of such individual) has consented to the content being posted on the site; (ii) the content has not been modified or altered in any manner so as to distort or misrepresent any individual or thing depicted in the content; (iii) the content does not contain any personal information such as a name, phone number or email address; and (d) you will not impersonate any person or entity.
Your liability for your conduct and/or content
We may terminate your account and/or delete any content (including but not limited to your profile) that you have posted on the site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the site or any part of the same for any reason, at our sole discretion, with or without notice.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise as to the accuracy of information on this site or the availability of any site. We have no liability (save for liability arising for death or personal injury caused by negligence) for any loss or damage howsoever arising and of whatever nature incurred in the use of this site or reliance on any information contained on it, including, without limitation, for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of profits or otherwise.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Nothing on this site shall be deemed to be an offer by us to provide goods/services to you.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting our site.
Information. About Us. Accessing Our Site Intellectual Property Rights. Trade Marks. Your Conduct. Your Content. Your Liability For Your Conduct And/Or Content. Termination. Reliance On Information Posted. Our Liability. Information About You And Your Visits To Our Site. Viruses, Hacking And Other Offences. Links From Our Site. Jurisdiction And Applicable Law. Your Concerns”
Metail is committed to keeping your personal details safe, so that you don’t need to be thinking about your privacy when you’re focused on your new look.
The Metail Fitting Room is powered by Metail limited.
Metail Limited (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We look after your details carefully. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and we’re also registered on the public register of data controllers looked after by the Information Commissioner.
You may be accessing our site from a computer or mobile phone device (through an iPhone application, for example) and this policy governs your use of our site regardless of the means of access. We also like to interact with you on third party sites where we post content or invite your feedback, such as www.facebook.com/Metail and www.twitter.com/metail (“Third Party Sites”). This policy does not cover the privacy practices of those Third Party Sites, or of companies that we do not own or control, or the actions of people that we do not employ or manage. You should check the privacy policies of those third parties when providing personally identifiable information through Third Party Sites.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Metail Limited of New Loom House, 101 Back Church Lane, London, E1 1LU.
Personal and identifying information
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on any of our websites served from the me-tail.net or metail.co.uk domains. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
• We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Metail Limited, and when you report a problem with our site
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. Responding to such surveys will be completely voluntary, and not a condition of your use of our service
• An email address, if you provide us with one. We will never disclose this to any third party. If you use a password to login to the service (rather than OpenID or Facebook Connect etc), we will only ever transmit it over encrypted HTTPS connections, and will never store or transmit it in the clear, either over unencrypted HTTP connections, or in email
• Body measurements and shape parameters you supply in creating and customizing 3D body models. This information will always be anonymised before any use, as described in the Uses of Information section below, and will only ever be supplied to third parties in aggregated and anonymised form (as averages of large numbers of users)
• Web server information. We may collect information your computer’s User Agent (“browser”) sends to our servers, including but not limited to the resources you access, your network address and browser and operating system information. No other information is obtained from your computer/browsing device. We may also set browser cookies to identify your web browser during and between sessions, although you will still be able to refuse these cookies using your browser preferences. For further information about managing and disabling cookies, you can refer to your browser’s help section or user guide
Uses of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
• To allow you to share easily your model and information with other users and contacts (for example, on Facebook)
• To notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email where you have shown interest in these previously.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email Metail directly at email@example.com
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide them with aggregated, anonymous information about our users (for example, we may inform them that the average size of women across the population of users is a size 12). We may also use such aggregated information to help third parties reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women who are a certain shape and size who match their clothing range). We may make use of the anonymous personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our third parties’ wishes by displaying their product to that target audience. By using our site you hereby consent to such use.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites not controlled or operated by Metail, for example websites belonging to our partner retailers, advertisers and affiliates (“Third Party Sites”). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If Metail Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Access of information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
• Store your Metail User ID in a secure cookie
• Remember whether you’ve used the Metail service before
• Remember where you are in our virtual fitting room process
• Distribute load across our systems to make your experience fast and responsive
The following cookies are functional and improve the Metail Fitting Room experience.
• Anonymously track orders you make on the retailer’s site
• If you have been placed in our AB test, a cookie will be set to remember which test variant you have been placed in
• Track the pages you visit and your browsing behaviour via Google and Snowplow Analytics
Metail will not:
• Share any personal information with third parties.
Excite your shoppers with a taste of the future of online fashion.